Our Church History
On February 14, 1845, several families from the Delavan and Geneva area met in the log school house of East Delavan and founded the "Delavan and Geneva Baptist Church." In 1848 the name was changed to "East Delavan Baptist Church," and the church built its first building on the same corner that the current building occupies. For almost 170 years, our ministry has continued to stand on the fundamentals of the faith and uphold God's Word to a lost and needy world. Many haved been saved, baptized, and discipled in this local, independent Baptist Church, and several have been called by God to work as pastors, missionaries, and Christian teachers. In 1978, the Lord guided us to begin a Spanish ministry, and in May of 2006, a Deaf ministry. We are determined to continue to serve God here in these ministries until He comes.